Job title: HR Advisor – Part-time
Department: Generalist HR
Main purpose of job: We know people are the biggest asset to any business but managing them is not always easy. When tricky situation arise – from disciplinaries and grievances, to restructures and redundancies, it can feel like all our clients time, effort and resource are focused solely on that. That is where Consensus HR comes in. Having someone with the technical expertise by our client’s side, either to help them through the difficult conversation or even to least the meeting. We are there when our clients need us most and in whatever format they want us whether this be remotely or via Zoom / Teams or physically on their site with them. We help companies take the pain out of managing people whilst preventing people problems.
Location/Branch: Main Office – Stevenage and Hybrid
Position reports to: Owner
Position is responsible for: N/A
Length/Type of contract: Permanent – Part-Time – Wednesday & Friday -. 10am – 2pm – Part Hybrid and term time only considered.
Salary: £20 per hour
The role will involve providing a range of off and on HR services including:
- Hearing disciplinaries
- Hearing Grievances
- Carrying out Investigations
- Managing exit interviews
- Conducting Redundancy or TUPE consultations
- Preparing and carrying out bespoke training
- Auditing HR files and Policies and Procedures for Employment Tribunal (ET) Insurance
- Carrying out complimentary HR Health Checks for prospective customers
- Setting up Breathe HR software for new and existing clients whilst answering / solving queries
- Visiting clients’ sites as and when needed to fulfil HR duties as and when requested
- Conducting HR Strategy meetings
- Drafting outcome letters
- Providing HR, best practice advice and documents to ad hoc and monthly retained clients on the telephone and face to face covering a wide variety of HR / Employment Law issues from maternity rights to disciplinary guidance.
- Promoting the wide range of products and services that Consensus HR can offer the company
- Advising employers on varied HR and Employment Law issues and attend meetings with the client acting as a management representative if required and ensuring a true reflection of the meeting takes place.
- Ability to offer client focused pragmatic advice to assist our varied client base in achieving their business objectives whilst adhering to the law and best practice.
- Ensuring meetings are carried out either in person or remotely via Zoom / Teams
- The ability to be impartial when conducting hearings with the clients.
- Ability to problem solve whilst getting to the bottom of issues.
- Able to with diplomacy, an eye to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Carrying out yearly reviews with our clients
Desirable Qualifications & Skills
- Two / three-year work experience as a HR Generalist / Consultant / Advisor
- Membership / Qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CCIPD)
- Ability to offer client focused pragmatic advice to assist our varied client based in achieving their business objectives
- Ensures meetings are carried out to best practice either in person or remotely via Zoom / Teams
- Ability to build rapport with clients and their teams.
- Ability to remain impartial when conducting hearings with clients.
- Enjoys problem solving and getting to the bottom of HR issues.
- Has tact, diplomacy, an eye for detail and excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- General IT skills – Microsoft – Apple
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays (pro-rata) – day extra
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunity for career development
- Regular social events
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
Please apply with covering letter stating why you believe you are the perfect candidate for the role and CV to [email protected]
If you wish to discuss prior to applying to ask any questions please call 01438 576750
Closing dates for applications is Monday 16th January 2023.
No recruitment agencies please