Key statistics include: –
- Over 83,000 EC cases were dealt with between April 2014 and March 2015
- Three out of four employees and employers agreed to try EC in its first year of operation.
Of the Early Conciliation notifications received between April 2014 and December 2014:
- 63% did not proceed to a tribunal claim
- A further 15% resulted in a formal COT3 settlement
- 22% progressed to a tribunal claim
Of the 22% of cases in which a claim was issued, more than half (51%) subsequently settled by way of Acas COT3.
At Consensus HR & Business we have dealt with a few Early Conciliation cases within this first year. We have found the process to be relatively straightforward. The only problems that we have experienced have occurred when organisations have dismissed an employee and not informed us, and then received a telephone call from Acas to conciliate – but ignored it. Yet – we are here to help businesses in these situations.
Matthew of Consensus HR & Business explains: “We ensure that should a dismissal have to take place, that it is carried out correctly following the relevant laws. Should it proceed to Acas and conciliation we are able to play a key part in the Conciliation with Acas on the businesses behalf.
Why not contact us now to check that you have the key essentials in place for the management of your team?